Friday 28 March 2014

Mihimihi – Revisited

"What I love most is being busy, being able to move around. To keep walking and experiencing new things, meeting new people. I'm not a very social person, have a close group of friends but through being at Maranui Cafe and going round and round the tables I have met some very interesting faces. Many times I tried to take orders in German and French which surprised a lot of customers. I like to travel and dance. My name is Emma Ildiko Kapica and live in Wellington for 4 years now." – Mihimihi Draft, 

In the process of gathering ideas for our space design I stepped slightly away from my initial mihimihi. I looked deeper into expressing my enjoyment of travel in the space. My design changed throughout the process of having straight facing, every card even and in a way placed for perfection to uneven and somewhat messy. This is because not every journey is just a straight line. In travelling there a good and bad times, times which are more exciting and others where you just want to be home. This also relates to everyday life and the choices we make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment