Wednesday 26 March 2014

Just some technical stuff

In all the drawings its not quite clear what kind of materials I would be using if I would create this room.

I was thinking that nylon string could be a possibility to be hung up from hooks in the ceiling, connecting the string with the postcard with some sort of clip. When people would walk through and move the hanging objects they would move with them rather than be pulled out if just nailed/ taped to the ceiling.

The wire would be similar to the nylon string but what thickness? I would say something not too thick but still stable. When people walk through the room, they will be pushing the wire away out of their way or grab them to look at the image better. Same as the nylon string the wire would be connected with hooks to the ceiling.

Next is what kind of material I would be using for the postcards. Is it the same card material or would I be using paper? Paper can be rather floppy and could fold together when hung up instead of being straight facing. Also more of a possibility to rip.

I reckon thick card is the option and binder clips will be connecting them with the string/ wire. It's stable and not too light/heavy.

Then there can also be wood, plastic sheets or foam card but everything would come with a budget.

For the inside of the space I was thinking of plain white walls as I grew up with them. The floor would be concrete or keeping it natural same as the ground outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment